The biggest opportunity for ROI in fleet tracking
The biggest opportunity for ROI from GPS fleet tracking is found within the alert’s functionality. Alerts are sent out in real time, allowing businesses to react to incidents as they happen.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What are the types of exceptions you want or need to be alerted on?
- What reports are standard and can be automated for particular days / times?
- What cost saving measures have been identified and can alerts help manage these?
- What really matters to your business?
Today we’re taking a look at popular fleet management events, and how they can be managed using alerts.
Incredibly useful in cost saving and safety initiatives, Trigger Events are as they sound, a specified event triggers a notification in real-time, that can be sent via email or SMS.
- Ignition & Power
- Unscheduled Usage
- Max Speed Exceeded
- Engine & Temperature Diagnostics
- Harsh Braking / Acceleration / Cornering & Turning
- Excessive Idling
- Failure to Arrive on Time
Know exactly when an employee has strayed from any location you’ve identified with Geofence alerts. Geofencing allows for the creation and monitoring of parameters within routes that have been identified by fleet management. The vehicles interaction with the Geofence triggers an alert.
Driver ID Alerts
Managing Driver IDs well has a raft of benefits for both your drivers and your company, as understanding driver behaviour is a sure-fire way to protect your staff and your vehicles.
Alerts can be set up to notify for a number of events occur, such as when the wrong tag is scanned and when no tag is used.
When a vehicle does something for longer or faster than a set parameter there is a big opportunity to reveal cost savings and improve safety performance. Setting alerts for Threshold Events such as speeding and harsh driving allows you to stay on top of these events and improve behaviours.
- Speeding Notifications: A vehicle travelling at 107kms per hour uses 20-25% more fuel than a vehicle travelling at 100kms per hours.
- Use Alerts to highlight any event where a vehicle travels over the road speed limit. Customise it further to specify speeding events over a certain kms per hour, to target the occurrences in which you are notified about.
- Harsh Driving Notifications: A vehicle which is subjected to harsh breaking, acceleration or cornering can require more frequent servicing and maintenance, costing the company more per vehicle in the long run.
Add Alerts in the Notification Centre by selecting the Bell Icon.
Then select the Alert Category and the Event, specify the parameters and how the alert will be received including Email, SMS or RSS.
Contact us for help setting up alerts.