What is Geofencing?
Geofencing made easy with Cartrack
Geofencing is a location-based technology that allows businesses to set up virtual boundaries around a physical location. It is commonly used in vehicle tracking systems to create virtual perimeters around specific areas, such as a customer’s location, job site, or other designated areas.
Cartrack’s vehicle tracking geofencing solution is easy to use and customizable. Businesses can set up geofences around specific areas, such as customer locations, job sites, or restricted areas. They can also set up alerts to notify them when their vehicles enter or exit those areas.
In short, It provides an additional layer of information that can help businesses optimize their operations, improve safety, and reduce costs.
With Cartrack, setting up a geofence has never been easier.
All assets (such as vehicles, equipment etc) are visible on the map, and users can use that map information to set up their geofence parameters.
Users can pick and choose which assets they want visible on the map, to make the process even easier.
In addition, businesses can upload multiple geofences simultaneously
How Geofencing can benefit your business
- Prevent vehicle theft: should your vehicle be stolen and leave the geofence area that you created, you will be alerted and can take appropriate action to try to retrieve the stolen vehicle.
- More intelligence for your business: by pairing up the data created by geofences with other information relating to driver performance, your fleet managers and drivers can ensure that they’re paying attention to the right key performance indicators, improving the way that you utilise resources in your business.
- Keep your business on track: geofencing can inform you when someone arrives at a site and leaves. This ensures that there is driver accountability, and allows you to make sure your drivers are on schedule.
Cartrack NZ included features for Geofencing
- Unlimited easily created and edited geofences.
- Importing of geofences from other tracking systems.
- Creating geofences from address lists.
- Newly created geofences work for historical data as well.
- Reports and alerts per geofence
Book a DEMO
Click the link below and one of our New Zealand based team members will be in touch
Get in touch
Complete the form below and one of our New Zealand-based team members will be in touch
We are the global leader in fleet management and connected vehicles
120 billion +
data points processed monthly
active subscribers across 24 countries
businesses trust us