Everything you want to know about Alerts
If you’re not using Alerts stop what you’re doing, grab a fresh cuppa and let me tell you about how Automated Alerts can improve your fleet management.
With Cartrack’s real-time, event-based tracking, you can set up location, geofence, speeding and driving behaviour notifications to be sent straight to your mobile phone.
- Speeding Notifications: A vehicle travelling at 107kms per hour uses 20-25% more fuel than a vehicle travelling at 100kms per hours.
- Use Alerts to highlight any event where a vehicle travels over the road speed limit. Customise it further to specify speeding events over a certain kms per hour, to target the occurrences in which you are notified about.
- Harsh Driving Notifications: A vehicle which is subjected to harsh breaking, acceleration or cornering can require more frequent servicing and maintenance, costing the company more per vehicle in the long run.
- Unscheduled Usage Alerts: Maintain worksite safety and ensure heavy machinery isn’t used out of hours.
- Failure to Arrive on Time Alerts: Keep your customers and clients happy by immediately alerting them to any delays in service.
- Worktime Alerts: particularly useful for Drivers on the road for long periods of time. Set an Alert after a certain number of hours for the Driver to stop and take a break.
With over 20 different Event Alerts the applications are endless.
Set up new Alerts from the Fleet Management system on your Desktop. You can also choose to receive these notifications via mobile too (see Step 8 onwards):
- Visit Cartrack.co.nz via your desktop
- Login to your Fleet
- Once logged in, select the fleet button, top left
- Click on the bell icon, top right
- Select the +Add Alert button
- Set up and customise your Alerts from the expandable menus under each section
- Un-tick Send Anytime to customise when Alerts are received
- Important Step: Once set up, log in into your Cartrack mobile app
- Click on the drop-down menu, top left, and select settings
- Turn the Subscribe to alerts option on
- Choose and confirm your preferred time to receive alerts
Helpful Hint: You will receive your alerts immediately and your push notifications hourly, via your selected channel (email, RSS or SMS). To receive notifications, you must remember to grant the app permission from your phone settings menu.